What do I do if I have lost my marriage certificate?

If a marriage certificate is misplaced or lost a replacement  can be ordered online. A lost certificate does not need to be reported missing or lost to any authority.


When a marriage is registered by the Registrar, they will provide a marriage certificate.
Marriage records are part of the records of births, marriages and deaths. Collectively these are known as Vital Records.


Up to 1984, the marriage indexes were organised by Quarter:

  • January, February and March is the March Quarter
  • April, May and June is the June Quarter
  • July, August and September is the September Quarter
  • October, November and December is the December Quarter

UK Document Services are able to supply a replacement marriage certificate which is a fully certified copy, which is a copy of the original entry (or extract) made in the Official Registers.


All certificates are suitable for official purposes such as travelling abroad, changing your name on important documents and applying for a divorce. 


Should you require a marriage certificate, because it may have been lost or stolen, then UK Document Services can help you. The most effective way to get the ball rolling on this, is for you to order online. Simply complete all the relevant fields on the order form and the order will be processed accordingly.


To find out more about our replacement marriage certificate service, click here.

Worldwide Postage Options – 1st Class Postage, Signed For, International Tracked & Worldwide Courier

UK Freephone Number – 0800 677 1171 (free to call from within the UK)

We Despatch Globally – We can help customers from the UK, Europe and Worldwide locations

Scan & Send Available – We offer a scan and send service

Amend Your Order – You have the ability to amend and/or cancel your order if it has not already been processed

Payment Options – We accept payments using Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro and JCB Debit and Credit Cards & Paypal

Close Menu